cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subject: Inquiry Regarding Compatible LPDDR4 RAM for i.MX 8M Plus Processor,

Sak_ed
Contributor I

Hello There,

We are currently in the process of designing a new project that revolves around the i.MX 8M Plus processor. In order to ensure optimal performance and compatibility, we would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with a list of LPDDR4 RAM modules that have been thoroughly tested and verified to work seamlessly with the i.MX 8M Plus processor "PN: MIMX8ML8DVNLZAB".

Thank you in advance for your support,

Best regards,

Sakthivel,

Senior Hardware design engineer,

e-con systems

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Sak_ed
Contributor I

Hi Ritesh,

We are considering the use of the i.MX 8M Plus processor, part number "MIMX8ML8CVNKZAB." In our product, we have identified two alternate parts that might suit our requirements:  " MT53E512M32D1ZW-046 WT:B " and "MT53E512M32D1ZW-046 IT:B."

Before finalizing our component selection, we would appreciate your confirmation on the compatibility of these alternate parts with the i.MX 8M Plus processor. Could you please provide information regarding any performance considerations, or specific configurations that we should be aware of when using these components together?

Best regards,

Sakthivel

0 Kudos

riteshmpatel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Sak_ed,

As long as the selected part's specs and configurations match with the specs provided in the datasheet and Reference Manual of the i.MX8MP, it will be compatible.

Please refer to the datasheet and Reference Manual of i.MX8MP.

Thanks & Regards,
Ritesh M Patel

0 Kudos

Sak_ed
Contributor I

Hi @riteshmpatel,

Following a thorough review of the reference manual and Data sheet, we have identified key considerations pertaining to the selection of alternate SDRAM. Kindly confirm if the following parameters are exhaustive, or if there are additional criteria that necessitate verification:

1. Voltage rating
2. Footprint / Pin outs compatibility
3. Bus width
4. Number of chip selects, number of Channels
5. Clock frequency

Your prompt confirmation on this matter would greatly assist our decision-making process.

Thanks,
Sakthivel

0 Kudos

Sak_ed
Contributor I

Hi @riteshmpatel,

Is there any update ?

Thanks,
Sakthivel

0 Kudos

riteshmpatel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Sak_ed,

I hope you are doing well.

Please refer to the below-mentioned link which will help to resolve the query:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/i-MX-8M-Quad-8M-Mini-8M-Nano-8M-Plus-LPD...

I hope it helps!

Thanks & Regards,
Ritesh M Patel

0 Kudos

Sak_ed
Contributor I

Hi @riteshmpatel 

The lpdd4 RAM part mentioned in the shared link is Obsolete, can you share any other alternate part ?

Thanks,
Sakthivel

0 Kudos

riteshmpatel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Sak_ed,

One can select a similar part that complies with the supported specs by the i.MX8MP processor.

Thanks & Regards,
Ritesh M Patel

0 Kudos