cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solo Board Reboot Issue

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi All,

I am working on i.MX6 Solo board with Yocto OS . The Linux version is 3.14.38 . We made the board to switch on and off continuously several times within some few seconds gap . After 20-25 times of testing the board reboots after the linux login prompt appears or just before that. After reboot the board is stable and no issue further. The watchdog is enabled but I tried after removing it too. The POR signal is going low and the board is resetting. We are stuck up with this issue and do not know how to go forward.

Kindly provide some suggestions to debug and solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjali

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anjali

nxp recommends to remove power (voltage source) to all components on the board
in the event of a processor reset, as it is done on i.MX6Q Sabre SD schematic spf-27392

p.21 with WDOG&PWRON connection. Without it some components which are not affected by POR,

may be in state preventing normal boot. For example if EIM boot pins are used for input and connected

to some external buffer, after POR buffer may stay as output, causing sampling wrong boot configuration.

While removing whole board power turns all components to normal state. Recommended to use latest

ddr scripts which have necessary changes for successful reboot on link

i.MX6ULL_LPDDR2_Script_Aid 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thank You for the reply.

I am using Solo board. This script aid looks like to be the one used for ultra lite. Can I use the same?

Thanks & Regards,

Anjali

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anjali

had you tried to open that link

pastedImage_1.jpg

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Sorry for the confusion. Hope  second link is the the right one.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjali

0 Kudos