SPI example for imx8mm running Yocto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI example for imx8mm running Yocto

wdunkley
Contributor III

I've found a couple of documents discussing the SPI bus on the IMX8 chipset running Yocto. However is there any sample code out there that I can use to test out the SPI before trying to integrate it with my other ICs?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello wdunkley,

You can view the User guide document for MX8, where you have a an explanation of the SPI driver and how you can use it, also you have the QSPI for booting from M4 core, please got to:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L5.4.24_2.1.0_LINUX_DOCS

Regards

0 Kudos

wdunkley
Contributor III

Thanks for that, I've read that before and that seems to only explain how to use the SPI to communicate with the flash memory. I'm looking for a little information on using the ECSPI2 on the expansion connector on the evaluation board. Do you know where more information about that is?

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos

JunpapaCS
Contributor I

Hello?

Did you find a solution to use the ECSPI2 on the expansion connector on the evaluation board?

I tried to use it with some sample codes but it was failed to be displayed "spidev1.0" under "/dev" fodler.

If you're success it, plz, share the code.

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can read about ECSPI on the reference manual as well, for the connection under the EVK please check the Hardware user guide.

0 Kudos