cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI Configuration

deepanrajanbara
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am new to Linux and i wanted to configure SPI3 not as NOR-FLASH but just configure it for testing camera working in our iMx6 SBC .But i am not sure how to configure SPI3 in our board in both u-boot level and Kernel level .So can some one help me to configure SPI3(not as NOR-FLASH). Is there any manual on how to configure SPI and i am not sure of the GPIO pins which are available in order to configure SPI3.

Thank you,

Deepanraj.A

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Deepanraj

you can remove SPI NOR flash driver just removing its driver from build,

check Chapter 26 SPI NOR Flash Memory Technology Device (MTD)

Driver in i.MX_6Dual6Quad_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf  L3.0.35_4.1.0_LINUX_DOCS

I believe that there are no full spi codes for communication with other than SPI-NOR

devices in i.MX6 Uboot/Linux, so I would suggest to look for spi devices codes for Uboot/Linux

in i.MX51 EVK MC13982 software. MC13892 uses spi for communication with i.MX51.

Both processors i.MX51 and i.MX6 have similar spi modules. Please check

Chapter 3 MC13892 Regulator Driver in mx51_linux.pdf IMX51_ER1011_LINUXDOCS_BUNDLE

L2.6.35_10.11_ER_SOURCE : Linux 2.6.35 Source Code Files

Also it may be useful to look below

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/spi/

For using interface with camera one can check how i2c is used with camera,

and replace it with spi codes, check sect.20.5 Using the I2C Interface MX53UG

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos