SGTL5000 static voltage

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SGTL5000 static voltage

zhangjialong
Contributor I

What SGTL5000 static voltage is. We are using the iron shell. When the hand touch the iron shell electrostatic generation time, resulting in no sound output, but may be able to read the register values, when static electricity generated when a pulse of + -40V supply voltage IC measurement, the pulse voltage has a sound output of IC What impact

Original Attachment has been moved to: 新建-文本文档.txt.zip

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi zhang

SGTL5000 datasheet does not specify ESD voltage,

in general one can add external protection diodes to design.

Sound output which you are observing may be caused by emi and

charge coupling to any external lines, for example power/mic/phone cables.

One can add ferrite beads to power wires at its input to case and consider

additional shielding of input circuits, such as mic. Sect.10 "Industrial Design"

AN4215 i.MX28 Layout Guidelines, AN2536 High Speed Layout Design Guidelines for i.MX

sect.2.2.3 Power Noise Filtering give some hints.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

zhangjialong
Contributor I

HI

Today, test, pulse - + 30v voltage causes the chip automatically reset. After the reset initialization settings reset registers have become the default, so there is no sound. How to avoid the initialization of the chip

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi zhang

seems you design has not sufficient shield protection,

please read carefully suggested hints above.

~igor

0 Kudos

zhangjialong
Contributor I

Today, test, pulse - + 30v voltage causes the chip automatically reset. After the reset initialization settings reset registers have become the default, so there is no sound. How to avoid the initialization of the chip

0 Kudos