cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SGTL5000 LINEOUT Issue

anandmeharwade
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using the SGTL5000 in my design with i.MX6Q custom platform. The codec probing is successful and the device shows up in the alsa device list. When I run the 1kHz sine wave .wav file using aplay command, I am observing the signals on LINE OUT_L only and no signals at LINE OUT_R. Also the signal at LINE OUT_L is not as expected. The sine wave freq is ~520 Hz on the LINE OUT_L pin instead of 1KHz.

I have master clock of 12.2880MHz on the the board. I am also attaching the schematic for your reference.

I am using the driver available on the below link.

linux-imx6/sgtl5000.c at boundary-imx_4.1.15_1.0.0_ga · boundarydevices/linux-imx6 · GitHub

linux-imx6/imx-sgtl5000.c at boundary-imx_4.1.15_1.0.0_ga · boundarydevices/linux-imx6 · GitHub 

Please let me know where I could be going wrong.

Regards

Anand M

0 Kudos
4 Replies

anandmeharwade
Contributor II

Hi igorpadykov,

Kindly request to update, whether attached dtsi file fine to use (attached in previous reply). We are getting output only at LINE OUT_L and no signals at LINE OUT_R. Kindly request to help us in resolving the issue as soon as possible.

Regards

Anand M

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anand

what reference board is based custom board, please build image for

one of BD boards (like sabrelite) and pay attention to ssi initialization. For

example please check below sabrelite dts, check entries like "audio-routing"
http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git/tree/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-sabrelite...

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

anandmeharwade
Contributor II

Hi igorpadykov,

We gone through the link forwarded by you and compared the dtsi file with our board dtsi file.We found that same format of audio routing has been did as of sabrelite.So, I am forwarding you our board dtsi file and kindly do check our file and reply me if any modifications to be done in that file.

For any clarification or more information feel free to reply me back.

Regards

Anand M

0 Kudos

anandmeharwade
Contributor II

Hi igorpadykov,

Thanks for the reply.

We have custom platform based on i.MX6Q Q7 module and the audio part is on the carrier board. 

I will check and give the feedback based on your suggestion.

For any clarification or more information feel free to reply me back.

Regards

Anand M

0 Kudos