SCFW: how to use RPC protocol to get a resource access from Linux, to use a hw peripheral

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCFW: how to use RPC protocol to get a resource access from Linux, to use a hw peripheral

dry
Senior Contributor I

Anyone can provide a detailed code example of how to use this RPC protocol, to communicate from the Ax cores/Linux to SCFW or the cores that own a resource I want, to get access to that resource...?

Can I do / use The Resource Management (RM) API"  this way, through RPC ..?

Does this only work at kernel level, and then needs a user-space client, like scfw_cli app...?

I don't understand how scfw_cli app works, can it invoke Any of those SCFW APi calls ..? Can it do the RM stuff...?  Example please ..??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Contributor III

Yeah, no offensive, but I have to say, it is really pity that the document is too poor for this scfw api.

It seems there are so many pdf/html, but just a full list plain text, without any useful info 

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You could download the SCFW porting kit from here. There is source code and the documentation in the porting kit.

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/i-mx-software/embedded-linux-for-i-mx-applicat...

e.g. SCFW Porting Kit​ 1.14.0

0 Kudos

dry
Senior Contributor I

@jimmychan 

Yes, I got it, and seems you have to modify Linux kernel to allow user-space app to use the SC services ...

Also no clear example how to, for example, ask resource owner to use it from another domain .?

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos