Running 2 OS with Xen Hypervisor with prebuilt linux Android auto, how to configure displays

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running 2 OS with Xen Hypervisor with prebuilt linux Android auto, how to configure displays

isupriya
Contributor I

I am working with XEN Hypervisor on iMX8QM MEK, I have Linux operating system (L_VIRT_4.14.98_2.0.0_4.11_0.10_ga_images_MX8QMMEK) and Android Automotive OS (android_p9.0.0_2.3.5-auto_image_8qmek)

I was successfully able to run Domain-0 and DomU.

isupriya_27-1684752937299.png

I'm driving my LVDS panel with my Embedded Linux operating system.I want to drive my HDMI panel with Android Automotive OS. Is this possible? How can I achieve this?

What should I change in device tree files or DomU configuration.Please guide.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

isupriya
Contributor I

Could you please elobrate a bit and explain as i am new to this topic.

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You need check and change the dtb in the device tree the deserializer node and the display timing inside the serializer node were causing an issue. Also just providing the deserializer I2C address in the serializer node is sufficient.

Regards

0 Kudos

isupriya
Contributor I

Also,

With the default Xen Configuration and running Linux and Android Auto OSes , is it expected that the LVDS0-ch0 gives out the Linux's display and the LVDS1_ch0 is configured with the Android Auto's display?

Cos, currently i am dealing with no signal in LVDS1_ch0

Please note that i am working with the prebuilt images , Linux operating system (L_VIRT_4.14.98_2.0.0_4.11_0.10_ga_images_MX8QMMEK) and Android Automotive OS (android_p9.0.0_2.3.5-auto_image_8qmek), and have followed all steps to get the Xen Hypervisor run 2 OSes.

When i execute >> xl list i see 2 domains in running state

when i execute >> xl console Domu, i see lot of logs with some errors and its stuck post that

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I guess this is device tree error check your device tree, Image-fsl-imx8qm-mek-jdi-wuxga-lvds1-panel.dtb: Supports the dual-channel LVDS panel, connecting the two mini-SAS ports with
the LVDS1 CH0 and LVDS1 CH1

Regards

0 Kudos