Re: 10 Bit Monochrome CMOS Image Sensor Interface.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 10 Bit Monochrome CMOS Image Sensor Interface.

harishs
Contributor I

Hi,

Currently we are acquiring data from our image sensor in 16 bit YUV422 format. Our sensor is connected in gated clock mode through CSI parallel interface. 8-bit Y component is directly acquired from the monochrome image sensor, the remaining 8 bit CbCr component is hardware configured as 80H to maintain color component to mid value, so that we capture only the gray scale value from image sensor.

We are using Linux kernel 4.x kernel  mxc_v4l2_capture driver for capturing the camera video frames. MXC_v4l2_capture driver does have support CSI0_DATA_WIDTH for 16 bit per colour  (1001).so we added the support  in the mxc_V4l2_capture driver  for 16 bit per color.

We have configured the pixel format as  YUV422  and capturing the video frames.while analyzing the captured frames raw data we are getting UV components  in even sample data(0x80YY), but in the odd sample we are getting Y components only(oxYYYY). i.e UV components is missing.so kindly help us to solve the problem.

RAW Data samples for YUV422 16 bit configuration:

8031 3431 8035 3335 8034 3432 8032 3633
8030 3333 8034 3433 8032 3232 8033 3034

Harish.S 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Harish

one can try to set CSI0_SENS_DATA_FORMAT=011 Bayer or Generic data

in IPU_CSI0_SENS_CONF register, so one can expect to have UV components

in odd samples to according to Table 37-17. Packing Unit i.MX6DQ Reference Manual
http://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/iMX6DQPRM.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------