RT1050 supported memories

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1050 supported memories

mbuckley
Contributor II

Is there a list of SDRAM and flash devices that are supported by the RT1050 beyond those that are on the development board?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

gordonmacnee
Contributor I

Firstly I must confess a bias in that I work for Adesto Technologies. That done, Adesto have a 32Mbit (4MByte) Flash memory designed to work with the i.MX1050. The EcoXiP ATXP032 has an OCTAL interface and can offer a peak transfer rate of 266MBytes/s. We are also planning larger memory devices later this year. These parts are fitted to the Embedded Artists i.MX RT1050 board and there are some videos discussing performance and power consumption from EA on Youtube.    

0 Kudos

mbuckley
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Thank you for the reply.  I believe you are saying that there is no list of specific devices that are supported (i.e. part numbers) but there is a list of types of devices (i.e. SDRAM, NAND flash, SRAM, etc.) in the manual and datasheet. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Matthew

yes correct.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Matthew

I am afraid such list is not available and one can follow

formal description of supported devices in datasheet and reference manual.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMXRT1050RM.pdf 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/IMXRT1050CEC.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

oswald
Contributor I

Hi,

RT1050 reference manual shows SDRAM interface supports 512Mbit per each CS. and there are 4 CSs.

Is this mean RT1050 support 1 x 1Gbit SDRAM or 2 x 512Mbit SDRAM ?

Does RT1050 support 1Gbit external SDRAM ?

Thanks,

Oswald

0 Kudos