cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Yocto Kirkstone integration

ycardaillac
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm going to upgrade a Yocto BSP for imx6 from sumo to as recent as possible LTS version.

> Do you have any idea about how long it usually take to integrate the future LTS Kirkstone Yocto version with IMX support?

The first update that I'm going to do is to move from Sumo to Dunfell because it's already supported by NXP community. But my question remains do you have any plans/roadmap to release a Kirkstone version after the Yocto release?

> Also can you please clarify the difference between official support and community support? I see that for instance in meta-freescale/recipes-kernel/linux, I'm able to find : linux-fslc-imx_5.4.bb and linux-imx_5.4.bb

I'd like to make an educated decision regarding which one I'll choose for best support. The same is true for uboot for instance.

Best regards,

Yann

Labels (3)
1 Reply

ycardaillac
Contributor III

Regarding my second question about the difference between community and the official support here's a thread summing it up :

To take out :

"The Freescale Official Release BSP is intended to provide a static base for Freescale to test and validate the BSP modules in the Freescale evaluation boards and it is developed internally by Freescale. The set of supported boards vary from release to release and is listed in the Release Notes for the respective version. The code points[1] to a static revision of every included layer so after release it does not receive updates and bugfixes.

The FSL Community BSP is a reference system that can be used as a base for products and is an open project that accepts contribution from the community. It supports a wide range of board which goes from Freescale evaluation boards (meta-fsl-arm layer) and 3rd party board (meta-fsl-arm-extra). The code is a “moving target” so there are updates on top of the source code released, such as addition of new features and inclusion of bug fixes."

0 Kudos