Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qt5.5.1 example quicknanobroswer

yoshihikoyatsuk
Contributor I

Hello,

I tried example "quicknanobrowser" and "browser" on qt5.5.1

That will work. However, the below message times out.

"Server’s Certifi…

Do you wish to continue?  Yes/No Show Detales...

If you wish so, you may continue with an unverified certificate. Accepting an unverified certificate means you may not be connected with the host you tried to connect to.

Do you wish to override the security check and continue?”

I would have forgotten something important. Please advice.

Tareget: Yoct Linux kernel 3.14.52

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

for how to handle certificate errors, pls see the source code:

If the certificate of the site being loaded triggers a certificate error, we call the defer() QML method to pause the URL request and wait for user input:

onCertificateError: {                    error.defer()                    sslDialog.enqueue(error)                }

We use the MessageDialog type to prompt users to continue or cancel the loading of the web page. If users select Yes, we call the ignoreCertificateError() method to ignore the error and continue loading content from the URL. If users select No, we call the rejectCertificate() method to reject the request and stop loading content from the URL:

MessageDialog {        id: sslDialog         property var certErrors: []        icon: StandardIcon.Warning        standardButtons: StandardButton.No | StandardButton.Yes        title: "Server's certificate not trusted"        text: "Do you wish to continue?"        detailedText: "If you wish so, you may continue with an unverified certificate. " +                      "Accepting an unverified certificate means " +                      "you may not be connected with the host you tried to connect to.\n" +                      "Do you wish to override the security check and continue?"        onYes: {            certErrors.shift().ignoreCertificateError()            presentError()        }        onNo: reject()        onRejected: reject()         function reject(){            certErrors.shift().rejectCertificate()            presentError()        }        function enqueue(error){            certErrors.push(error)            presentError()        }        function presentError(){            visible = certErrors.length > 0        }    }
0 Kudos

yoshihikoyatsuk
Contributor I

Thanks, Is there a way to eliminate cerificate errors rather than

ignoring certificate errors? Y.Yatsukura

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

maybe you can try to use WebKit browser instead of WebEngine browser

0 Kudos