cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qt vs Inflexion vs DirectFB

JoaoPeixoto
Contributor I

Hello,

I need to create a dynamic multimedia player, according to certain settings, that display video, sound, image and flash at different times. This player should run smoothly on iMX53 board .
As I am new in this area, my first approach was to install Qt on board and make a small example that playing a video ... This example works fine on the host, but when I try to run on the board can not see the videos ... even the application closes when trying to run a video like mp4. How gives no particular error does not understand why I can not view the videos.
From your experience, what would be the best tool for this type of project? Qt? Inflexion? or DirectFB?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

JoaoPeixoto
Contributor I

Hello Wayne,

I try Inflexion, but i've same problem... i don't know what I can do with this tool :-))

At this moment my choice is Qt... but still have problems with the video part (Phonon don't work because don't start the backend... now I'm trying another approach... GStreamer)... I don't know at this time if this approach really work in QSB... in the demo image the application run... but i'm still have problems with codecs... 

When I've some news about my tests... I post :-)

Wayne said:

I would say Qt, though inflexion could also handle it. My experience wtih inflexion is that there isn't much in the way of community support, it's a shame really because it is a very slick set set of tools. I am probably going to have to move to Qt LGPL or convince the boss to buy support for inflexion.
0 Kudos

wayne_ng
Contributor I
I would say Qt, though inflexion could also handle it. My experience wtih inflexion is that there isn't much in the way of community support, it's a shame really because it is a very slick set set of tools. I am probably going to have to move to Qt LGPL or convince the boss to buy support for inflexion.
0 Kudos