cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PuTTY

RafaelVertido
Contributor I

Hey guys,

Sorry we had to miss a lot of the Winter Workshop session because of having to prepare/deliver our Controls presentation.  We are trying to get caught up on starting up the i.MX board, but when I booting up the Linux SD card, the information is showing up on the terminal, but I cannot type anything into it. I understand we're supposed to enter in the commands that you guys gave to us, but would anyone happen to know why our PuTTY won't let us type into the command prompt?

Rafael 

Washington

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

RafaelVertido
Contributor I

Philippe,

Yes, I get to where you need to enter the u-boot commands! But when I try typing nothing comes out on the PuTTY command prompt. I will post a screenshot when I get to the lab either later on today or tomorrow, maybe you'll be able to spot a mistake in one of my settings.

Thanks!

Rafael

Washington

0 Kudos

Philippe
Contributor I

Rafael,

this seems weird, you are able to force not to boot and get to the u-boot environment variable command prompt? 

Two suggestions: check your serial port driver, check that your baud rate is set to 115200 (both for you serial COM and the Putty settings). This is what I was told to use at the workshop...

Good luck,

Philippe

Purdue

0 Kudos

RafaelVertido
Contributor I

Philippe,

I actually got to that part, I am able to see that on the PuTTY command line, and get to the part where I need to type in the boot commands, but it won't let me type.  Have tried multiple computers, I am thinking it our serial cable, but wanted to see if any other teams or Freescale would know the solution.  Thanks for your insight though, and if you know why PuTTY isn't letting me type, please let me know!

Rafael

Washington

0 Kudos

Philippe
Contributor I

Hi,

you need to set up your serial communication using Putty and then just unplug the power of the imx board and plug it back in, this will allow you to press a button before the board auto boots and then you can set the u-boot environment variables.

Bests

Philippe Bongrain

Purdue

0 Kudos