cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems after OTA update

saschaseefelder
Contributor I

Hi,

Im trying to get OTA updates on a VAR_SOM_MX6 SOM-Solo running Android 5.0.2 to work, however after (attempting to) applying the update my system is in an unusable state. It cycles between normal mode and recovery mode, I cant use console or adb and therefore cant check logs for what went wrong. Screen output suggests the following problems:

EXT4-fs (mmcblk1p5): INFO: recovery required on readonly filesystem
EXT4-fs (mmcblk1p5): write access will be enabled during recovery
EXT4-fs (mmcblk1p5): recovery complete
EXT4-fs (mmcblk1p5): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: barrier=1
fs_mgr: __mount(source=/dev/block/mmcblk1p5,target=/system,type=ext4)=0

mmcblk1p5 is mounted readonly. (/dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /system ext4 ro,barrier=1 wait)

init: cannot execve('/system/bin/displayon.sh'): Permission denied
init: cannot execve('/system/bin/lmkd'): Permission denied
init: cannot execve('/system/bin/logd'): Permission denied
init: cannot execve('/system/bin/servicemanager'): Permission denied
init: cannot execve('/system/bin/vold'): Permission denied
init: cannot execve('/system/bin/surfaceflinger'): Permission denied
init: critical process 'lmkd' exited 4 times in 4 minutes; rebooting into recovery mode

This suggests to me the files from the update did get copied but permissions werent set correctly.

What can I do to resolve this issue and get OTA updates to work correctly? Attached are the screen outputs during recovery mode and after the update.

Thanks in advance

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sascha Seefelder,

The VAR-SOM products are supported by Variscite. If the Android image you downloaded on the board is from Variscite’s BSP and does support OTA updates I would recommend contacting them or looking at their forums.

Another alternative would be considering Android-centric forums such as Google’s developer’s portal, as this function changes significantly between Android revisions.

Regards,

0 Kudos