cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using MFG tool for i.MX53 QSB

joão
Contributor I

Hi,

I started following the "i.MX53_START_Linux_BSP_UserGuide.pdf" and ran into a problem.

In section 3, "How to Boot the START Board", when installing the driver, so that the "Freescale i.MX53 USB BulkIO Device" can be found, I get an error stating that, altough the driver was found, a problem occur with an hash or the data might have been tampered with. I searched for solutions and found that there have been reports of problems with USB 3.0 ports, which is my case, since my laptop only has USB 3.0 ports and I am also running Windows 8.1 on it.

To test the given solutions, I tried to recognize the board on a laptop with USB 2.0 ports and running Windows 7, which worked, but after the board was found in the device manager, it still wasn't recognized in the MFG tool and an "No USB ports selected" message was displayed on the status.

I went to Options->Configuration and when I clicked in USB Ports the MFG tool crashed. This happened both in the original environment (Windows 8.1 with USB 3.0 ports) and the second environment (Windows 7 with USB 2.0 ports).

I searched online for solutions but still haven't found one.  I also tried older versions of the MFG tool but the problem persists.

And so, I have a few questions:

1) Have I missed a step, that is not mentioned in the "i.MX53_START_Linux_BSP_UserGuide.pdf"?

2) Is there a workaround to make this work using USB 3.0 ports and run it in Windows 8.1?

3) Why does the MFG tool crash when I try to go to the USB Ports?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

João Ramos

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joao Ramos,

Which version of mfgtool are you using?

Have a nice day

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos

joão
Contributor I

Hi Dan,

I'm using the latest release, the one available at the download page, version 1.6.2.048.

Best Regards,

João Ramos

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi João Ramos,

You also can try the version of MFG-Tool-V1.6.2.055. It's large so I can not attach it for you here. You can give me your email, then I send it to you.

Have a great day,

Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

joão
Contributor I

Hi Dan,

When I tried to recognize the board in the second environment (Win 7, USB 2.0 ports), altough the board was recognized by Windows, in the MFG tool nothing happened, even after pressing "Scan Devices". Shouldn't it recognize automatically?

Email: jrostou@gmail.com

Thank you for the assistance.

Best Regards,

João Ramos

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi João Ramos,,

I have sent the MFG-Tool-V1.6.2.055 to you, you can see it in your email.About the "Scan Devices" it can recognize automatically. You can use the MFG-Tool-V1.6.2.055 I sent to you. You can try.
Have a great day,
Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

joão
Contributor I

Hi Dan,

I have received the email regarding the MFG Tool and am now awaiting confirmation to retrieve it.

Once I download and test it I'll let you know the results.

Thank you for the support given!

Have a nice day,

João Ramos

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi João Ramos,

About the questions you asked above, here I give you reply as follows:

1) Q:Have I missed a step, that is not mentioned in the "i.MX53_START_Linux_BSP_UserGuide.pdf"?

A:No, all your steps are right. About the steps you can refer to the "i.MX53_START_Linux_BSP_UserGuide.pdf.

2) Q:Is there a workaround to make this work using USB 3.0 ports and run it in Windows 8.1?

A:By now the version of this mfgtool works on the Windows7 with USB 2.0. No test on Windows 8.1. I think it can work on it but need some modify.

There may be issues if computer has USB 3.0 controller, so it is recommended to disable it. You can have a try.

3)Q: Why does the MFG tool crash when I try to go to the USB Ports?

A: Here you do not need to set the  USB Ports, and it will not affect your use.

Hope this can help you.

Have a great day,
Dan

0 Kudos