I got the following kernel and u-boot image after successful build of LTIB for imx233.
✔ kernel image gets from LTIB /rootfs/boot
➢ Bootable_kernel 2.3MB
➢ IMX23_ivt_linux.sb 2.3MB
➢ IMX23_linux.sb 2.3MB
➢ UImage 2.3MB
➢ ZImage 2.3MB
✔ U-Boot image gets from LTIB
➢ IMX23_ivt_uboot.sb 111.9KB
➢ IMX23_uboot.sb 111.8KB
➢ u-boot.bin 96.5KB
I try all these images but board does not response and H0x80501003 shows on the hercules terminal while i had downloaded olimax kernel image for IMX233 i.e Linux-alarm-2.6.35-6-ARCH.img which works properly.
Method i am using for porting :
1. Insert the card reader to the Linux host.
2. Un-mount the card reader, i.e. 'sudo umount /dev/sdb1'
3. run fdisk, 'sudo fdisk /dev/sdb'
4. Press 'p' to show the partitions on the card
5. Press 'd' to delete a partition. Repeat to remove all partitions
6. Press 'n' to create a new partition
7. Press 'p' to select the primary partition
8. Press '1' to create partition 1 on the card
9. Press Enter to start from first block
10. Type '16MB' to create the 16MB partitions
11. Press 't' to change the newly created partition type
12. Enter '53' for the new partition type
13. Press 'n' to create a second partition, select 'p'(primary), then '2'(number)
14. Press Enter to accept all default settings
15. Press 'w' to write the partitions to the card and exit the fdisk
16. Format the second partition on the SD card - run 'sudo mkfs.ext2 /dev/sdb2' command.
17. Mount the second partition on the card
18. If you do not have the mmc mounting point created yet, create one with 'sudo mkdir /mnt/mmc'
19. Run 'sudo mount /dev/sdb2 /mnt/mmc' to mount the partition as the mmc card
20. Enter the mounted sd card directory - cd /mnt/mmc
21. cd ltib/rootfs and use cammand "Sudo cp -rpa [A-z]* /mnt/mmc
22. Copy the boot image in sdb1 device using dd, i.e. type - 'sudo dd if=kernel image (IMX23_linux.sb or others ) of=/dev/sdb1
23. Type 'cd', 'sync' and umount sd card - 'sudo umount /dev/sdb2'
Root file system build by LTIB with Linux-alarm-2.6.35-6-ARCH.img kernel image ported properly and work but i want to use the kernel build by
LTIB so please guide us
i.MX233 requires you to program the OCOTP Register (HW_OCOTP_ROM0 Bits:SD_MBR_BOOT and SD_POWER_GATE_GPIO) if you want to boot from MicroSD Card. Use Bitburner tool to program the OTP Bits. This requires you change the boot mode selection pins.
Steps would be as follows:
1. Change your Boot Mode Selection Pins to 0000 (USB Boot Mode).
2. Use Bitburner tool to program HW_OCOTP_ROM0 with appropriate value.
3. Change the Boot Mode Selection pins to 1001 if you are using SSP1 for SD.
4. Program imx23_linux.sb into SD Card. (You need a two sectors of zeros before the image.Please refer to freescale documentation closely).
Regarding 0x80501003. It is ROM Error Code.Please refer to IMX233 ROM Error Codes document.
#define ERROR_ROM_LDR_SIGNATURE (ERROR_ROM_GROUP | ERROR_ROM_LOADER_GROUP | 0x3)
0x80501003 The file signature or file version is incorrect.