Power fail interrupts

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power fail interrupts

arunmenon
Contributor I

For reacting  on interrupts in user space, I need  provide the functionality to notify Power fail interrupts to user.

I am a beginner in this area. Currently I am using QT application in freescale board(IMX-6) with Ubuntu Linux. How can i get the power fail interrupt in Linux?

Any guidance will be appreciated

Regards,

Arun

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

arunmenon
Contributor I

Can i use userspace IO with IRQ driver loading? Please correct me if am wrong.

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i.MX6 SABRE Automotive board does not have any dedicated backup power supply, only a couple of bulk capacitors.

The board includes the MMPF0100 companion PMIC for i.MX6 series processors. The PMIC provides the power to the processor, memories and peripherals. The PMIC can signal the undervoltage condition on its input to the processor by asserting its INTB interrupt signal (active low). On the SABRE Automotive board, the INTB signal of PMIC is connected to the GPIO5_16 signal (DISP0_DAT22 pad) of the processor. So, actually, you can use the userspace GPIO driver to enable the corresponding interrupt. Also, you should enable the corresponding interrupt within PMIC using existing low-level I2C driver.

You can get at least the kernel version of Linux BSP using 'uname -a' command.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

arunmenon
Contributor I

Hi Artur,

Thanks for the explanation.

>>you can use the userspace GPIO driver to enable the corresponding interrupt

I think this is already enabled in my board. My  /sys/class/gpio directory shows the following

export     gpiochip128  gpiochip192  gpiochip232  gpiochip248  gpiochip64  unexport

gpiochip0  gpiochip160  gpiochip224  gpiochip240  gpiochip32   gpiochip96

>>you should enable the corresponding interrupt within PMIC using existing low-level I2C driver.

How can i do that? can you please  elaborate

>>You can get at least the kernel version of Linux BSP using 'uname -a' command.

Below is the o/p.

Linux imx6qpsabreauto 3.14.52.828-svn828 #7 SMP PREEMPT Wed Mar 16 15:26:01 CET 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To make me able to provide you with an accurate answer, please describe the task in more details.

1. What i.MX6-based board do you use? Is it one of the reference boards by NXP/FSL? Please specify the exact board name.

2. What Linux version do you use? Is it one of the Linux BSPs by NXP? If so, please specify the exact package release number.

3. What should be the hardware source of the Power Fail interrupt? Is it an external Power Management IC (PMIC), or some comparator/voltage monitor, or something else? Please specify.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

arunmenon
Contributor I

Hi Artur,

Thanks for your reply!. Following are the details.

1. I am using  i.mx6 Series SABRE( for automotive CPU card)

2.Sorry I dont know the linux release number

3.Power management means?. We are just connecting power code directly to board

I think board have some backup and will get some milliseconds after power failure. So, I  want do some operation in my application when power failure happens.

Regards,

Arun

0 Kudos