cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please I need some help with u-boot

SZK
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

I really need some urgent help and I would appreciate it if anyone can help me solve my problems. Currently, I am working on i.mx35 pdk with Linux 2.6.31 running. I want to modify the u-boot source code and then compile it back and load it on the board. I know how to get the u-boot source code, and I tried to add a "printf" statement but I am not sure how can I recompile the code. Can someone please point me to the right direction?

Thank you in advance.

Sam Zak

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

SZK
Contributor I

Thank you Vladan, I was able to fix the problem, I had to change the board!! You were very helpful.

Sam

Vladan Jovanovic said:

Hi Sam,

once you install the BSP, you can just run following to unpack, build and deploy u-boot sources:

./ltib -m prep -p u-boot

./ltib -m scbuild -p u-boot

./ltib -m scdeploy -p u-boot

In later BSPs there should be detailed instructions how to build u-boot also separately from LTIB. Attached file should be in the BSP release for i.MX35.

BR,

Vladan

0 Kudos

SZK
Contributor I

Hi Vladan,

Thank you for you quick reply! I did follow the same steps you mentioned but when I boot the board with the modified u-boot (I kept a copy of the original u-boot), it freezes at "Uncompressing Linux.....booting kernel". However, if I boot the board with the original u-boot, everything works fine. I just want to mention that the only modification I made in u-boot source code is I added a printf() statement.

Any further help would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

Sam

0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sam,

once you install the BSP, you can just run following to unpack, build and deploy u-boot sources:

./ltib -m prep -p u-boot

./ltib -m scbuild -p u-boot

./ltib -m scdeploy -p u-boot

In later BSPs there should be detailed instructions how to build u-boot also separately from LTIB. Attached file should be in the BSP release for i.MX35.

BR,

Vladan

0 Kudos