cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin Compatibility

Jump to solution
mrudangshelat
Contributor IV

Hi, As per iMX6 datasheet "For Quad core system, connect to VDD_ARM_IN. For Dual core system, may be shorted to GND together with VDD_ARM23_CAP to reduce leakage." Now I have made a design with Quad core and i would like to replace with Dual core and I have connected VDD_ARM23_IN with VDD_ARM_IN, and I havn't put an option for connecting with GND. What should i do now? What are the other changes i need to do while to have compatibility for Dual core and Quad core? Regards, Mrudang

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Shorting VDD_ARM_IN and VDD_ARM23_CAP pins to GND is just a recommendation to reduce power consumption on the i.MX6 Dual. Basically all the design could be the same on Dual and Quad, but the leakage currents on these pins may increase the current consumption of the Dual, which should be lower than the one of the Quad.

For other design guidelines, you could refer to the “Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6Quad, 6Dual, 6DualLite, 6Solo Families of Applications Processors” document at the link below:

http://www.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Shorting VDD_ARM_IN and VDD_ARM23_CAP pins to GND is just a recommendation to reduce power consumption on the i.MX6 Dual. Basically all the design could be the same on Dual and Quad, but the leakage currents on these pins may increase the current consumption of the Dual, which should be lower than the one of the Quad.

For other design guidelines, you could refer to the “Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6Quad, 6Dual, 6DualLite, 6Solo Families of Applications Processors” document at the link below:

http://www.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!