cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-E Loopback Mode

harrytan
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using iMX6 Solo processor and I want to have signal sent out through PCI-E Tx lane get loopback to the Rx lane. This means that Tx and Rx lanes should have the same signal. Is this done by setting the bit 2 (Loopback_Enable) of Port Link Control Register (PCIE_PL_PLCR)? Thanks.

pastedImage_1.png

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Pavan_chate
Contributor I

Hi harrytan,

could you please explain here the procedure how you did enable the loopback and all using code warrior? I need to check the loopback in PBL mode using code warrior.

Thanks and regards,

Pavan

0 Kudos

Pavan_chate
Contributor I

Hi ,

I am also trying to enable the loopback of bit 2. I am using LX208A  and I need to enable it by using code warrior in PBL mode.
could you please explain the detailed procedure that how you have enabled the loopback from starting onward?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Harry

yes this bit is used as part of Local PIPE Loopback procedure usually used

during production test. NXP software BSPs do not use this procedure.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

harrytan
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Do you have any thought on this? Thanks.

Regards,

Harry

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Harry

please look at IP vendor documentation

DesignWare Dual Mode Controller IP for PCI Express 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

harrytan
Contributor I

Hi igor,

I have enabled the Loopback_Enable bit and did not get the same signal on both Tx and Rx lanes. The data is sent from a FPGA to the iMX6 processor (Tx lane of FPGA to Rx lane of processor) and I probed on Tx lane of processor using oscilloscope. I expect to get the same signal on both lanes. 

I further read bit[54] (mac_phy_txdetectrx_loop PIPE receiver detect/loopback request) of DEBUG 1 (PCIE_PL_DEBUG1) register and this bit is '0'. Does this mean that the PHY did not get loopback request? Please advice, thanks.

0 Kudos