Optimize linux boot up time on imx8mqevk

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimize linux boot up time on imx8mqevk

Chandu
Contributor I

How to optimize the linux boot up time on imx8mqevk and what are the required files to boot linux on mx8mqevk board

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/Linux-Fast-Boot-on-i-MX6-Sabresd-Board/t... This is for i.mx6 series, you can refer to the method. Hope can do help for you.

0 Kudos

Chandu
Contributor I

Thank you but IMX6 series is different and imx8mqevk is different. We want to optimize Linux boot up time on imx8mqevk board and I want to remove unnecessary files. So, can you please send the steps to optimize Linux boot up time on imx8mqevk board.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I can provide you some common recommendations.
You need to remove all unnecessary services from startup.
Also you can remove all unnecessary options and modules from the kernel.For example if you do not need ethernet you can compile the kernel without its support.
And also you can set maximum frequency. Later you can decrease frequency if you not need more performance.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Which version BSP are you using? Have your board already boot up?

0 Kudos

Chandu
Contributor I

Yes we already boot up the board. But we want to reduce the linux boot up time while booting on the imx8mqevk board. We are using imx-4.14.98-2.0.0 version and the branch is imx-linux-sumo.

0 Kudos