cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTA update from different computers

amit251291
Contributor IV

Hi,

We are using imx6 running with Android 7.1.2.

We are using below command for creating OTA package

make otapackage

After this command the package becomes ready and then we are able to update the boards. 

Now if a board is flashed from an OTA package built by COMPUTER A and then if we try to update the same board with an OTA package built from COMPUTER B, will it work ? Or it will have some certificate/release keys issues ? How to solve them ?

Request you to throw some light on this.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Amit,

Your question is not specific to any of the NXP products, generally, this is the Android OS specific question. Please refer to the Android Developer web site resources to find an answer:

https://developer.android.com/

Best Regards,
Artur

amit251291
Contributor IV

Thanks Artur.

0 Kudos

richard_anderse
Contributor I

Hi Amit.

Sorry, this is not the answer but rather a question to your question.

I'm just wondering how you do when you update your board.

Let say that you've made a package - how do you find that package on your Android device?

I.e, 

- do you put the package on a server (GIT or linux)?

- how do you build your image so when you click "additional system updates" in Android, it points to your OTA package.

I'm curious about the process on how to get the update package that you've made on to the Android device - OTA.

I'll be thankful for your answer and hope that you get the answer to your question too.

Best regards,

Richard

0 Kudos

amit251291
Contributor IV

Dear Richard, 

Once the package is ready we copy it to our local server. On every boot of our android device, our application checks if there is any new version available. If found then it downloads and upgrades the current software. 

One can also copy the OTA package to locally /cache/ dir and use below command from terminal to upgrade. 

reboot recovery

Thanks & Regards, 
Amit

0 Kudos