cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nobody cared... USB Crash issue

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi, 

I am working on linux 4.14.62 version for the         i. Mx8 Dx6 board.  The board has USB 2.0 host controller supported by cadence. And the driver is provided by which was originally meant to support cadence 3.0 host controller . The driver is backward compatible with usb 2.0 .

Now coming to the issue. The initial code which was running on the board was with several unwanted components so we did a clean up of the code removing the unused drivers and dts entries. And soon after which we started getting kernel warning indicating the usb interrupt is being disabled since it is not handled.

This error message is very random when other drivers such as wifi is enabled .

So my doubt is whether interrupt handling issue here is something related to timing issue?.. Whether there is any possibility for this?.

Anybody can guide on this

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anjalik

in general recommended to use latest NXP Linux L4.14.98  link

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

as for "Nobody cared" issue one can try to debug it using suggestions on

linux - Understanding kernel message 'nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpoll" option)' - Stack ... 

and AN4553 Using Open Source Debugging Tools for Linux on i.MX Processors
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4553.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos