cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iMX6 user... Help getting started with android app development

lmctague
Contributor I

Hi everyone!

As the title said, I am a complete newbie to iMX6 and embedded design. After days of searching support sites, I am still confused about how to get started with Android app development on this device. I have experience with creating traditional Android apps on tablets, phones, etc., but that doesn't seem like it will help me much with embedded development like this.

I have an iMX6Q plugged into an EDM1 Fairy carrier board. My end goal is to use these in conjunction with a touch display to develop, test, and run an Android app.

That said, I would like advice on how to get started. More, specifically:

1. Where do I find drivers so that I can connect the iMX6Q device to my windows 7 computer?

2. Which IDE do I need to use to write my app?

3. How do I burn an image on my device?

4. How do I boot up Android from my device?

I was hoping there was a newbie-friendly guide to using these devices (like the ones for Arduino and Raspberry Pi devices), but I could not find one.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Lindsay

please look at documentation included in Android packages

Board Support Packages (38)

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

For developing applications one can take training:

Live In-depth Training - Building an Embedded|NXP

For programming images MFG Tools can be used

Programmers (Flash, etc.) (11)

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos