Minicom Not Taking command after booting..

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minicom Not Taking command after booting..

Jump to solution
gagangarg
Contributor II

hello,

I am using the following:

Board: iMX28EVK

BSP Source File : L2.6.35_10.12.01_SDK_source_bundle.gz

Host OS : Ubuntu 10.04.4

I am trying to port Bsp to Imx28evk using Linux on the host machine.

I am successful in creating bootstream image as well as file system (.jffs2) using ltib.

I have mounted it on sdcard using mk_mx28_sd script.

When I try to boot the board, I got some error. 

There are two problem I am facing.

first one is the error:

mount: mounting usbfs on /proc/bus/usb failed: No such file or directory

I cant figure out what it is trying to do.

Second one is the following error.

freescale login: matchbox: keyboard does not appear to have a <alt> key.

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut <Alt>n=next

matchbox: keyboard does not appear to have a <alt> key.

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut <Alt>p=prev

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut <Alt>c=close

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut <Alt>d=desktop

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut <Alt>m=!matchbox-remote -mbmenu

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut <ctrl><alt>x=!xterm

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut <ctrl><alt>r=!rxvt

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut <ctrl><alt>e=!!gpe-calender                                                          

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut <alt>Tab=next                                                                        

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut <alt><shift>Tab=prev                                                                 

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut <alt>space=taskmenu                                                                  

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut <alt>escape=!matchbox-remote -mbmenu                                                 

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut <alt>f4=close                                                                        

matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 65480                                                                       

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut f11=fullscreen

As soon as freescale login prompt comes . It gives this error and the terminal is not takin my input. When I turn on the Echo on minicom .Even though it is not taking as a command.

I am a newbie. Plz help.

Regards,

Gagan Garg

Original Attachment has been moved to: prob.zip

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Looks to be  HW issue with the board. If that is the case, can be closed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
gagangarg
Contributor II

Yes, Vladan, It was a HW issue. Actuallt its mosfet 2N7002 was not working properly and giving the high signal to UART_ENABLE PIN. which was making the max receiving disable.

As soon as I changed the mosfet, It is working fine.

gagangarg
Contributor II

Anybody please help. Its urgent.

0 Kudos
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Error is coming from Matchbox, so I assume you built the GNOME profile? Do you need X11 and Gnome environment?

Try installing the BSP again and instead of GNOME profile choose the Minimal profile in LTIB.

0 Kudos
gagangarg
Contributor II

Hey Vladan,

Sorry for the late reply,Actually I was working on the another project meanwhile. I do require Gnome profile.

But according to me the problem might be in the board because when I short the rx and tx pin of the uart(input line to the max ic) it is taking the input from minicom. But when i short the rx -tx line at the output of the max ic, it is not responding again.

So according to me, the fault might be lying in max ic.

What u say. Might be I am wrong.

Regards,

Gagan Garg

0 Kudos
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I was just trying to see if it’s a software issue caused by GNOME profile. I haven’t used it so not sure if it can affect, but probably not. Have not seen that type of issue with i.MX28EVK boards I have, but it’s worth checking if it is a HW problem.

Br,

Vladan

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Vladan, I am not sure if the customer's issue had been resolved. If yes, please let me know. I will close the DI.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Looks to be  HW issue with the board. If that is the case, can be closed.

0 Kudos
matthiasniederm
Contributor II

As soon as freescale login prompt comes . It gives this error and the terminal is not takin my input. When I turn on the Echo on minicom .Even though it is not taking as a command.

I had the same error with minicom, so i tried picocom for testing and it worked with it. So i stayed on using picocom..

Sorry I had no time yet to find the bug on my machine/constellation.

Cheers

MaTT

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Matt, does

0 Kudos