cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MfgTool not running

phillogden
Contributor I

Hi Guys,

I'm having trouble getting any version of the MfgTool compiling and working using the provided bitbake recipes.

I have a pre-compiled version aquired from Freescale ~2 years ago, using kernel 3.10, that works, but due to new JEDEC standards, I cannot use it any more.

My problem is, the usb enumeration via otg doesn't work. The device appears to boot, and wait for the usb, which never appears.

I have tried, with out any sucess:

• A fresh check out of the MfgTool git and compiling without any modifications - Won't enumerate USB
  • Patching my device trees and kernel patches against v3.10 - After wranging to get booting, won't enumerate USB
  • Building 4.x version of kernel and mfgtool - Won't boot at all
  • Patching my device trees and kernel patches against v4.x - Wont boot at all

There appears to be quite a few differences between the 3.10 and 4.x versions. For example, the 4.x version sends g_mass_storage configure commands via uBoot, but 3.10 doesn't send any commands, but my kernel and built against 3.10, is expecting it.

I am very confused. What am I missing. Does NXP have any better documentation avaliable on the mfgtool, how it works, and how to compile it using bitbake?

I am currently using the recipe fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs, and the documentation IMXLXYOCTOUG User's Guide Rev L3.10.53_1.1.0-ga, 01/2015, specifically, section 6.2, page 11.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Phill,

Here you are using the 3.10.53_1.1.0-ga version BSP, so you should use the imx-3.10.53-ga-mfg-tools.tar version mfgtool. It will work. Any questions you can contact me.
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct  button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos