MfgTool is crashing while uploading image files.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MfgTool is crashing while uploading image files.

bkpatel
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using Mfgtools-Rel-1.6.2.0322 on Windows 8 64-bit PC.

I have got imx28_ivt_linux.sb and rootfs.tar.bz2 files and want to upload the same on imx287 board. (Kernel 2.6.35.3 and imx-bootlets-src-2.6.35.3-1.1.0 and u-boot )

On board I have removed JMP8 and JMP10 so that USB booting is allowed and using External Power supply.

When I open MfgTools application it is not showing Board Connected.

I go to Options -> Configuratoins -> USB Ports and it crashes.

I am newbie on this so any guidance will be helpful.

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

aravinthkumarja
Senior Contributor II

Hi Bhavesh Patel

Thanks for your response. If my above i mentioned point is correct,  please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Regards,

Aravinth

0 Kudos

bkpatel
Contributor III

Thanks for reply guys.

@Dan, both version 1.6.2.048 and 1.6.2.055 are working perfectly and I checked with Technical Support from myirtech and waiting for their reply for 'Singlechip NAND' support.

@Aravinth Thank you for pointing out selection.

@Victorien No, I do not have support for USB3.0 and thanks for pointing out reason for failure.

0 Kudos

victorien
Contributor IV

Do you have USB 3.0 port on your PC ? If yes, it's the reason why Mfgtools-Rel-1.6.2.0322.

To add 'Singlechip NAND' option on MfgTool 1.6.2.055 you need to modify ucl.xml file. It's possible to use the file from MfgTool 1.6.2.0322.

aravinthkumarja
Senior Contributor II

Hi Bhavesh Patel,

=> First check the switch setting set as serial mode.

=> If setting is proper, After connecting board to pc new COMPORT will create, check in device manager.

The above things if you done properly, It will work.

0 Kudos

bkpatel
Contributor III

Thanks for Help Aravinth.

Able to upload binary from MfgTool now. Using MfgTool 1.6.2.055 and its working.

Do not know but still facing error while using MfgTool 1.6.2.0322 but in MfgTool 1.6.2.055 there is no option for uploading 'Singlechip NAND'. Is it not needed when Board is directly connected to PC using USB ?

Thanks,

Bhavesh

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bhavesh,

I think you also can use the Mfgtools-Rel-1.6.2.048 in our website.

Have a nice day,

Dan

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bhavesh,

There is  option for "Singlechip NAND" in the MfgTool 1.6.2.055. You can select it when you run MfgTool.exe not MfgTool2.exe. And when you downloading the usb-otg is necessary, it connect the board to PC, so you can download the images to the board by usb.

As aravinthkumar jayaprakasam  said you need to check the switch setting set as serial mode.
Have a great day,
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct  button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------