cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging Unit mapping in imx8qm

Jump to solution
bghiggins
Contributor II

The IMX8QM manual does a lot to describe the how the Message Unit works IO between Core A and Core B, but it doesn't really describe which MU A are connected to which MU B.  From what I can tell, it seems to be a one to one connection, but I could be wrong.  How can I tell what the MU connections are between the different domains?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Such documentation(DSC) that I can't access too. You need to contact Local NXP FAE or marketing team to get it.

Best regards

Harvey

Best regards

Harvey

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bghiggins
Contributor II

It seems the MUs connections are controlled by the DSC (Distributed Slave System Controller).  Is there documentation for that or is that also something I need to get from ARM?

0 Kudos
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Such documentation(DSC) that I can't access too. You need to contact Local NXP FAE or marketing team to get it.

Best regards

Harvey

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos
bghiggins
Contributor II

Is there a good point of contact for the marketing and/or FAE teams?

0 Kudos
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

A better way to reach out your local DFAE, if you know someone who is the one supports for you.

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @bghiggins 

MU is a group of AB, but we have many MUs, such as MU1, MU2, MU3, so for MU1, MU1_A is the one that communicates with MU1_B. 

Since the Arch and IP belong to ARM, I would recommend you to refer to ARM sources for more details. 

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos