Memory usage on the MIMXRT1170-EVK debug kit.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory usage on the MIMXRT1170-EVK debug kit.

Jump to solution
muxeu
Contributor II
  1. Please tell me, what is the maximum amount of SDRAM memory that can be connected to the MIMXRT1176 microcontroller via SEMC?
  2. Is it possible to connect flash memory with a volume of 16 GB or more (for storing large tabular algorithms)?
  3. Until I got my hands on a debugging kit, I study the circuit. Can you please tell me if I understand correctly that at one point I can use either SDRAM W9825G6KH-5I or NAND FLASH MX30LF2GE8AB-XKI memory?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi muxeu,

1. Please check snippet below from the reference manual.

FelipeGarcia_0-1622134025949.png

2. 16 GB is not possible because it cannot be mapped to memory with FlexSPI interface. You can confirm this if you check table 3-1. System memory map (CM7) of the reference manual.

3. That's correct, but you will need to populate resistors R1872~R1879 to use NAND Flash.

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
muxeu
Contributor II

Thanks for answers.

0 Kudos
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi muxeu,

1. Please check snippet below from the reference manual.

FelipeGarcia_0-1622134025949.png

2. 16 GB is not possible because it cannot be mapped to memory with FlexSPI interface. You can confirm this if you check table 3-1. System memory map (CM7) of the reference manual.

3. That's correct, but you will need to populate resistors R1872~R1879 to use NAND Flash.

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos