Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1176AVM8A RGB(R0,R1....R7-G0,G1......) equivalents of GPIO_DISP pins

Jump to solution
eRgnmrt
Contributor III

Hi!

I connected display data to GPIO_DISP_B1_XX and GPIO_DISP_B2_XX pins. I read manuel that I have to connect data 0 to GPIO_DISP_B1_04, but is it GPIO_DISP_B1_04    R0 ? Im not sure that.  R0...R7 ,B0...B7,G0....G7 should I connect the data of GPIO_DISP_B1_XX to these pins in order. Is there a document about this subject? Thank you 

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @eRgnmrt,

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, the image shown is suitable for 24-bit use. If your application follows this scheme, you can follow this image.

BR,
Edwin.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @eRgnmrt,

Please look into the following application note (AN12302), specifically "Figure 6. 24-bit RGB888 eLCDIF interface to 18bpp LCD panel". I believe it will prove very useful for your inquiry.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos
eRgnmrt
Contributor III

Hi @EdwinHz 

What is the meaning of pins D17,D16,D9,D8,D0,D1 in Table 6?
Where do I connect the R6,7-G6,7-B6,7 pins to?

0 Kudos
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @eRgnmrt,

Table 6 shows the connection of a 18 bit per pixel LCD. In that case, pins D17, D16, D9, D8, D1 and D0 end up being left over.

From what you mention, I believe you are using 24bpp, so the RGB connections would equate to the values shown on "Figure 1. Data for 1 pixel" (D7-0 Blue, D15-8 Green, D23-16 Red):

EdwinHz_0-1692300772914.png

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos
eRgnmrt
Contributor III
There was no information about this in the datasheet. We connected it directly. (We are not sure any shift each pins?)

Is the link in the picture suitable for 24-bit use?Is that true?

thank you
0 Kudos
eRgnmrt
Contributor III

Hi @EdwinHz 

There was no information about this in the datasheet. We connected it directly. (We are not sure any shift each pins?)

thank you 

0 Kudos
eRgnmrt
Contributor III

Hİ @EdwinHz @EdwinHz 

thank you 

0 Kudos
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @eRgnmrt,

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, the image shown is suitable for 24-bit use. If your application follows this scheme, you can follow this image.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos