cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT106F Devices File

nickolas_at_whisper
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm targeting a new board build with Zephyr for the RT106F (MIMXRT106FCVL5B to be specific).
I notice that there are several device specific files generated per processor variation in the mcux sdk here:
https://github.com/NXPmicro/mcux-sdk/blob/main/devices/, but from what I can tell there's no explicit support for the MIMXRT106F currently (I see a RT1062 and a RT1064).

From the datasheet, it looks like the RT106F is largely the same as the RT1062. The RT1062 is purported to be "Full-feature", whereas the RT106F has "facial recognition". 

Am I okay to just use the RT1062 cpu devices folder for my board? (We won't be making use of the facial recognition feature in any case). If not, how can I request support for the RT106F in the MCUX SDK?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @nickolas_at_whisper ,

A good news to you, RT106F is totally the same for RT1060 chip, so you totally can use the RT1062 situation.

RT106F just can use the face recognition feature, as the software is verified by the RT106F, you can consider RT106F IP is totally the same as the RT1062, just have possibility to use the face recognition feature, if you use other normal function, just take it as RT1062.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos