MIMXRT1050-EVK Drag And Drop FW Programming

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1050-EVK Drag And Drop FW Programming

ryanshuttlewort
Contributor IV

Hello I am using MCUXpresso IDE, version v10.1.0 [Build 589] [2017-11-14] with an MIMXRT1050-EVK SDK, version  2.3.0 (2017-11-16).  I have been experimenting with the hello_world_xip example an have noticed that the drag and drop FW programming does not appear to be working. Any attempt to drag and drop the hello_world_xip build artifact (i.e. any .bin, .afx, .s19 etc.) results in a long pause, followed by a reset and the appearance of a file named FAIL.TXT which contains the text "The transfer timed out."

What is the proper procedure?

What file types are supported?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

UK_CF_FAE
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ryan,

You are specifically using MCUX 10.1 and the interface with hyperflash is somewhat more straightforward, compared to IAR. 

MCUX is using a flash driver loaded through the debugger to program the hyperflash, and you do not need to put the EVK into SDP mode with SW7 to load the image to flash.

Here is the procedure:

1) Make certain that you have a USB connection via J28, that the power jumper J1 has header 5:6, and your board is enumerated correctly by the host interface - you should see the drive EVK-MIMXRT.

2) Confirm the version of DAPLink firmware on the debugger -> open the file DETAILS.TXT on the EVK-MIMXRT drive and confirm that 'Interface Version' is at least 0244.

3) Leave boot mode switches on J7 as 0-1-1-0 : you will not need to move these at any point.

4) Compile the hello_world_xip code, you'll get an output file evkmimxrt1050_demo_apps_hello_world_xip.axf.

5) Run a debug session (use the Quickstart Panel) & MCUX automatically flashes the image... it should not take more that 5 seconds, and the image is executed up to the c-language entry point main(). Then of course you'll get debug control.

6) If you don't want to use the semi-hosting interface, you can easy modify the SDK Debug Console output to UART (I mean, VCOM via the DAPLink) with the Quick Settings>> menu in the QuickStart Panel. Obviously you will need to stop the debugger, rebuild & flash your code, and use TeraTerm, PuTTY or equivalent.

Happy flashing. Let us know how you get on.

0 Kudos

ryanshuttlewort
Contributor IV

Hello Mark, thanks for the reply.  I have been using the IDE to program and debug applications in HyperFlash.  I am wondering why drag and drop specifically doesn't work.  This is an new processor and EVK and I was wondering if this was a bug or expected behavior, something I'm doing wrong etc.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ryan,

please take a look to the attached document. If the problem persists please consider what suggested here MCUXpresso and RT1050 HyperFlash Programming 

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos