cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCIMX8QM-CPU PCB Files

HWasti
Contributor II

Hello,

I see that the PCB file for the MCIMX8QM-CPU is available in Allegro ".brd" format. 

Will it be possible to please provide the same file in Allegro ".alg" format?

I am using Altium Designer. It cannot read ".brd" format, but it can read Allegro ".alg" format.

Regards,

Hamid

0 Kudos
3 Replies

HWasti
Contributor II

Hello Ritesh,

Thank you very much for the response and the link.

As the link you provided states "If both programs are installed and licensed on the same machine, then Altium Designer can automatically use Allegro's utilities to convert the *.brd file into *.alg, and then into an Altium Designer file."

I do not have Allegro, therefore I cannot use the *.brd file. I need to use second option described in that link, where the *.brd file is converted to *.alg file on a machine with Allegro installation, transferred to a machine with Altium Designer installation (my computer) where Altium Designer  is able to import the *.alg file.

Last year, one of your colleagues was able to locate the *.alg file for this board: i-MX8QM-QuadMax-MEK-Altium-files

I suppose the file was located somewhere on your system. Will it be possible for you to please locate and send the same file?

Regards,

Hamid

0 Kudos

riteshmpatel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @HWasti,

I understand your concern. However, the design files are available only in Allegro format (.brd).

Thanks & Regards,
Ritesh M Patel

0 Kudos

riteshmpatel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @HWasti,​

I hope you are doing well.

NXP provides .brd files only. One can check on the Altium website to see the process of converting the files. It shows "Altium Designer supports the import of Allegro's native binary (*.brd) and ASCII (*.alg) files from Allegro (up to version 17.2)."

How to import Allegro files to Altium

Thanks & Regards,
Ritesh M Patel

0 Kudos