M4 core application code stops working After booting Linux A53 imx8m mini evk board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M4 core application code stops working After booting Linux A53 imx8m mini evk board

anilpathrut
Contributor I

Hello sir,

Initially we are booting M4 core with Hello_world demo code and then booting A53 core with Linux it's working fine M4 core printing message on tera term terminal as "hello_world" on screen

It's working fine 

Same process using for I2C application software using SDK only implemented.

And booting M4 core with I2C application software till this time M4 core working 

But when boot A53 core with Linux , M4 core I2C  application software stops working

Here board using is imx8m mini evk board

I2C3 bus we are using for I2C sensor interface and on board I2C3 bus connected to camera

We are not able to identify problem for this

Please suggest on this part why  M4 core application software of i2C3 stoping working after booting the A53 core with linux

0 Kudos
2 Replies

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

When you're using a peripheral in the M4, in your case it would be the I2C, please make sure that in the dts you have disabled such peripheral since kernel will take control over it if not disabled.

As you're using our EVK and BSP, you may achieve this by changing the dtb you're using, you may follow this steps:

• Stop the boot process at U-boot.
  •  Type the uboot command:
    > setenv fdt_file imx8mm-evk-rpmsg.dtb
    > saveenv
  • Boot the Linux Kernel by resetting the board or typing the command below:
    > boot

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

anilpathrut
Contributor I

Thanks for reply,

we have tried method suggested by you still facing same issue. M4 core stops working after booting A53 core with linux OS

but in case of android OS M4 core working after booting A53 core with android OS

This issue facing while running I2C3 bus application s/w on M4 but not facing issue when we run demo code hello_world.bin in sdk on linux

Specifically facing issue when run I2C3 peripheral application S/w

we have used SDK I2C example for application s/w development on M4 core

and modified .dtsi file which we have modified to disable all I2C peripheral in device tree

check program and .dtsi file 

i have attached .dtsi file and application s/w code main file

Please suggest for this issue

0 Kudos