キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Looking for the right i.mx6 Embedded Linux board

885件の閲覧回数
mostafanfs
Contributor III

Hi guys. I'm an Embedded Linux developer and I've been working on a product that uses an Embedded Linux for ARM based board. The board I'm currently using is a Samsung Exynos Cortex-A9 and it's not much industrial. For this reason I've always wondered about using an freescale board. Although it's a great board for developing Qt4 applications since it has a great 7" LCD and capacitive touch and both work great with Qt4. We used this board to develop and finalize our GUI application. Now that it's almost finished I'm looking for a appropriate freescale Cortex-A9 board.

Now a couple of things that are important :

Board should has a freescale i.mx6 Cortex-A9 processor

Capable of connecting 7" LCD with touch support (it's better to be tested and included with the board)

At least 4GB eMMC or more (or any sort of NAND Flash) .That's because I don't like it when OS loads and runs on a SD Card!

Couple of USB hosts and one Ethernet interface

SD Card slot or SATA connector

It kind of matters that the board and LCD are industrial considering it should work in different weather conditions

Capable of running Qt4 applications with GUI and touch support

Good software package support with newer kernel version

Now the reason that I asked here was that I couldn't find a good board. Most of them are proud of their HDMI and HD output which is not the case for me. They didn't provide a LCD touch for their board. Another ridiculous problem is that they almost come without an eMMC for running OS and there is just an MicroSD for this purpose!!

And finally they do not work in an industrial environment.

Now could you please introduce some boards with mentioned features?

Thank you very much.

ラベル(2)
0 件の賞賛
5 返答(返信)

576件の閲覧回数
saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi

Mosi

Please look at http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=RDIMX6SABREPLAT

This board comes with Touch screen and has most of the feature which you want.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Saurabh

0 件の賞賛

576件の閲覧回数
mostafanfs
Contributor III

Dude, Thank you. The board you mentioned is a great board and nobody doubts that but has some problems. It's kind of a complete evaluation board and it's so big and has a lot of features which makes it too expensive for my application.

Actually I'm looking for a custom board not a general board like that which is big for the case. Plus it doesn't have a couple of USB Host ports for connecting cheap WiFi or USB 3G Modem adapters or even simple USB Flash.

0 件の賞賛

576件の閲覧回数
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I don't know of a board with the exact specs you are looking for, specially one with a touchscreen included. I did a google search for i.mx6 custom boards and I found several that could suit your needs. Variscite, Boundary, Wandboard, UDoo, etc are just a couple of companies that develop evaluation boards.

Best regards,
Sergio

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 件の賞賛

576件の閲覧回数
mostafanfs
Contributor III

Yeah I've seen their products. But you know some of them are not that industrial. They are more of a evaluation board with fancy capabilities. With things like not having a good LCD+Touch or having microSD instead of eMMC. Although Boundary Devices has good solutions. I think I'm going to choose from their solutions.

0 件の賞賛

576件の閲覧回数
mtx512
Contributor V

I have many i.mx6 boards, for industrial use I would suggest you also look at these from BCM.

0 件の賞賛