cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux/Seiko WVGA

Jump to solution
billwhit
Contributor II

I need a little friendly advice / support... I have been unable to get my Seiko LCD display to work under Linux. It always comes up with multicolored stripes, and they don't seem to change as the system boots.

I have the following device driver options selected (as builtin, not modules) in my kernel build in the Device Drivers, Graphic Support section:

• Support for framebuffer devices
  • MXC Framebuffer Support
  • Synchronous Panel Framebuffer
  • SEIKO_WVGA Panel

I have my kernel boot params in u-boot:
setenv bootargs_base 'setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 video=mxcdi0fb:RGB24,SEIKO-WVGA di0_primary'

I have been through my BSP Docs like a good boy, but I am still missing something. Anyone been through this already with suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
FranciscoCarril
Contributor V

Carl Take a look at i.mx53 START linux BSP user guide

section:

8.2 Run the Image from MMC/SD

To boot the system from MMC/SD flash follow the steps bellow:

• 1. Press the “POWER” key to power up the board.
  • 2. Assume the kernel image starts from the address 0x100000 byte (the block start address is 0x800). The kernel image size is less than 0x300000 byte. The rootfs is located into /dev/mmcblk0p1 partition. Enter the following commands in the U-Boot prompt:
    • MX53-LOCO U-Boot > setenv bootargs_base 'setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200'
    • MX53-LOCO U-Boot > setenv bootargs_mmc 'setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rw video=mxcdi1fb:GBR24,VGA-XGA di1_primary vga'
  • MX53-LOCO U-Boot > setenv bootcmd_mmc 'run bootargs_base bootargs_mmc;mmc dev 0;mmc read ${loadaddr} 0x800 0x1800;bootm'
  • MX53-LOCO U-Boot > setenv bootcmd 'run bootcmd_mmc'
  • MX53-LOCO U-Boot > saveenv
  • MX53-LOCO U-Boot > run bootcmd

NOTE

If your system is using the Seiko touchscreen as a primary

device you should use the following configuration:

video=mxcdi0fb:RGB24,SEIKO-WVGA di0_primary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
BrilliantovKiri
Senior Contributor I

Hello, Carl!
Now I use NFS for work, if your rootfs locaited on SD card you must change U-Boot parameters. Sorry, I now I can't help you, I do not run LCD on system located on SD card.

Carl Igelström said:

Hello,

I had the same problem, and now I get the penguin on the display, but the system doesn't boot, seems like its stuck somewhere. does this "setenv bootargs_mmc 'set bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 ${lcd} noinitrd rw ip=192.168.255.2:192.168.255.1::::eth0:off root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.255.1:/opt/IMX53/ltib/rootfs,nolock'" Change where you boot from? I am booting from an SD card.

0 Kudos
CarlIgelstram
Contributor I

Hello,

I had the same problem, and now I get the penguin on the display, but the system doesn't boot, seems like its stuck somewhere. does this "setenv bootargs_mmc 'set bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 ${lcd} noinitrd rw ip=192.168.255.2:192.168.255.1::::eth0:off root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.255.1:/opt/IMX53/ltib/rootfs,nolock'" Change where you boot from? I am booting from an SD card.

0 Kudos
FranciscoCarril
Contributor V

Carl Take a look at i.mx53 START linux BSP user guide

section:

8.2 Run the Image from MMC/SD

To boot the system from MMC/SD flash follow the steps bellow:

• 1. Press the “POWER” key to power up the board.
  • 2. Assume the kernel image starts from the address 0x100000 byte (the block start address is 0x800). The kernel image size is less than 0x300000 byte. The rootfs is located into /dev/mmcblk0p1 partition. Enter the following commands in the U-Boot prompt:
    • MX53-LOCO U-Boot > setenv bootargs_base 'setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200'
    • MX53-LOCO U-Boot > setenv bootargs_mmc 'setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rw video=mxcdi1fb:GBR24,VGA-XGA di1_primary vga'
  • MX53-LOCO U-Boot > setenv bootcmd_mmc 'run bootargs_base bootargs_mmc;mmc dev 0;mmc read ${loadaddr} 0x800 0x1800;bootm'
  • MX53-LOCO U-Boot > setenv bootcmd 'run bootcmd_mmc'
  • MX53-LOCO U-Boot > saveenv
  • MX53-LOCO U-Boot > run bootcmd

NOTE

If your system is using the Seiko touchscreen as a primary

device you should use the following configuration:

video=mxcdi0fb:RGB24,SEIKO-WVGA di0_primary

0 Kudos
BrilliantovKiri
Senior Contributor I

Hello, Antoyn samsunil!

My solve for booting with rootfs on NFS:
setenv bootargs_mmc 'set bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 ${lcd} noinitrd rw ip=192.168.255.2:192.168.255.1::::eth0:off root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.255.1:/opt/IMX53/ltib/rootfs,nolock'

By default system disable LCD after few time, for change this pleas read this

0 Kudos
JohnBritto
Contributor I

HI Kirill,

Now i can't able to direct to the Link what you've mentioned

By default system disable LCD after few time, for change this pleas read this

can you please help me out .....

Regards

Antony

0 Kudos
Antoynsamsunil
Contributor I

Hi Bill Whitford,

I'm new to U-boot and Linux and I've i.MX535 QSB  i'm also getting the same  multicolored stripes in LCD and getting black around the corners slowly..... 

My MMC boot for you reference 

bootargs_mmc=set bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootwait
bootargs_base=setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 ${vga}
bootargs_mmcsetenv=bootargs ${bootarga}ip=none root=/dev/mmcblkop1 rootwait rw
bootargs_basesetenv=bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 video=mxcdi0fb:RGB24,SEIKO-W VGA di0_primary
bootargs_basebootargs=console=ttymxc0,115200 video=mxcdi0fb:RGB24,SEIKO-WVGA di0_primary
bootargs_mmcbootargs=${bootargs}ip=none root/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rw
bootargs_mmcset=bootargs ${bootargs}ip=none root/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rw
bootargs_baseset=bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 video=mxcdi0fb:RGB24,SEIKO-WVGA di0_primary

How to clear and set the Proper environment variables from u-boot to Up my LCD working

Please help 

Thanks

Antony samsunil

Bill Whitford said:

Thanks! my "bootargs_mmc=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} ip=none root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rw" line was incorrect.

I am up and running.

0 Kudos
cks1z
Contributor I

i just get ubuntu linux to work in my i.MX53QSB, i follow the instruction in the pdf and it work as expected. the files can be downloaded from: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=IMX53QSB&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab. use the board support package: L2.6.35_MX53_ER_1101_IMAGE .

0 Kudos
billwhit
Contributor II

Thanks! my "bootargs_mmc=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} ip=none root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rw" line was incorrect.

I am up and running.

0 Kudos
xizhouwang
Contributor II

The setting from my MMC boot for your reference, this will display the Logo during kernel loading and runs my app afterward.

bootdelay=3
baudrate=115200
loadaddr=0x70800000
netdev=eth0
ethprime=FEC0
uboot=u-boot.bin
kernel=uImage
nfsroot=/opt/eldk/arm
bootargs_nfs=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/nfs ip=dhcp nfsroot=${serverip}:${nfsroot},v3,tcp
bootcmd_net=run bootargs_base bootargs_nfs; tftpboot ${loadaddr} ${kernel}; bootm
bootcmd_mmc=run bootargs_base bootargs_mmc; mmc dev 0; mmc read ${loadaddr} 0x800 0x1800; bootm
bootcmd=run bootcmd_mmc
ethact=FEC0
bootargs_mmc=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} ip=none root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rw
bootargs_base=setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 video=mxcdi0fb:RGB24,SEIKO-WVGA di0_primary
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
stderr=serial

0 Kudos