Linux Built-in image for iMX8

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux Built-in image for iMX8

jaux_al
Contributor I

Is there any built-in image provided by NXP that could be flashed onto SD card and booted on NXP iMX8? 
I'm having trouble accessing a linux console when I try to boot off the SD Card and as a debug step, I thought it'd be nice to try out the built-in image first

0 Kudos
6 Replies

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You may find Linux Prebuilt images here:
https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/i-mx-software/embedded-linux-for-i-mx-applicat...

They are categorized for each release and the boards supported, documentation at the left side and the image at the right.

If you're looking for L5.4.47_2.2.0 for the i.MX8QuadMax MEK board, you can download it here:
i.MX 8QuadMax MEK​

Also, please take a look to the user guide for how to flash and boot your board:
i.MX Linux User’s Guide​

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

rthomas
Contributor III
0 Kudos

jaux_al
Contributor I

Thanks. Which file is for iMX8MEK?
L4.9.88_2.0.0_mfg-tool_MX8MQ.tar.gz?
also, they are locked

0 Kudos

rthomas
Contributor III

Expand the section BSP, Drivers, and Middleware

I dont know if you have a mini, a quad...etc but you are most likely looking for an image of type L5.4.47_2.2.0_MX8MQ but that depends on what kind of board you have. 

I am not sure what you mean by they are locked, as long as you are logged in you should be able to download them.

0 Kudos

jaux_al
Contributor I

I have a Quad. So just to be sure, it's L_VIRT_4.11_0.10_ga_MX8QXP file that contains the image that could be flashed into the SD card?

0 Kudos

rthomas
Contributor III

That might work I am not 100% sure of that version exactly, I believe it might be an older version. I think the newer ones would be L5.4.24_2.1.0_MX8MQ or the one i stated in my past reply. But once again I am not 100%, I would try them and see which one works for you.

0 Kudos