LRADC sampling rate

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LRADC sampling rate

imravi
Contributor II

I have written a driver for capturing data from LRADC 6 channel. I am giving a test input using a signal generator and seeing if the data is captured properly.

Everything is working fine but the best sampling rate i am able to acheive is aroung 100 Khz(capturing 6000 samples in 60 ms). I have set the CYCLE_TIME in HW_LRADC_CTRL3 to 6 Mhz but still the sampling rate. Is it the best i can acheive using LRADC

The board used is IMX 28 and linux kernel is 2.6.31

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ravi

low sample rate may be caused by delays from operating system,

one can try with os-less (bare metal) test, using i.MX28 OBDS (touch_screen.c)

Lab and Test Software (1)

On-Board Diagnostic Suit for the i.MX28 (REV 1)

http://www.freescale.com/products/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-processors-based-on-arm-cores/i.m...

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

imravi
Contributor II

As per the Reference manual of IMX28 with 6Mhz set in the HW_LRADC_CTRL3 register , the sampling speed should be (6*10^6)/13 which comes to 461.5 Khz sampling rate. But the effective rate of sampling is 100 Khz. Can this much of delay be caused by the OS layer.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

yes, in general such delays may be caused by OS.

0 Kudos