cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KITPFGUI 4.1 bugs ?

pierreschirrer
Contributor II

Hello community,

I just bought an eval board KITPF0100EPEVBE and I am trying to program the PF0100 in TBB mode (jumper J17 in 3-4 position). I was able to setup my configuration with the GUI and load the PF0100 accordingly.

I found 2 problems with the GUI : I setup SW1C to output 1.8V, the GUI reports 1.1V in the Buck Supplies window (I measure 1.8V at the board output !).

When I try to setup SW1C to output 1.8V in stdby mode, the GUI only lets me go up to 1.550V and although there is some room with the cursor, it does not go further. When updated, and stdby mode is activated, the output goes to 1.550V.

I tried to setup SW3A/B to 1.20V, in the OTP Configuration which seems impossible with the GUI, it switches automatically to the value immediately inferior (1.175V). 1.225V is accepted.

In the Buck Supplies window, 1.20V is accepted and the output of SW3A follows the value indicated in this window.

Any idea what is going on ?

Are those GUI bugs or device problems ?

Any info appreciated,

Best Regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pierre Schirrer,

I have never heard about these issues before, so I decided to try to reproduce these issues using my KITPF0100EPEVBE (SCH-27458 REV D) on the KITPFGUI 4.1 (Build 4.1.0.6) with the following results:

About issue 1:

I was NOT able to reproduce the problem. SW1C seems to properly change its output voltage according to the GUI reports and voltage measurements. And in standby mode, I do not have any problem to set the output voltage to 1.8V.

About Issue 2:

I was able to reproduce the problem. SW3A/B seems not to change into 1.2V. adriengambino, can you comment about this possible issue, please?

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

adriengambino
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Tested on build 4.1.0.7, see attached.

About issue 1: Not able to reproduce either.

Correct procedure to change SW1C voltage by TBB is the following:

Go to the OTP conf page. Enter TBB mode, click on the SW1 regulator change SW1C to 1.8V and then click restart PMIC. SW1C output voltage changed to 1.8V and you see the Buck Supplies page updated.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

About issue 2: Not able to reproduce. i changed SW3AB to 1.2V in TBB then restarted the PMIC and verything got updated correctly. Same procedure than above.

Best Regards,

Adrien

0 Kudos