Is it possible to use GStreamer SDK on iMX6? (CM-FX6)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use GStreamer SDK on iMX6? (CM-FX6)

madstrum
Contributor III

Hi,

I am recording video using the following pipeline.

gst-launch tvsrc fps-n=25 ! 'video/x-raw-yuv, width=(int)720, height=(int)576m framerate=(fraction)25/1' ! vpuenc codec=6 bitrate=1000000 ! avimux ! queue2 max-size-buffers=1 max-size-bytes=0 max-size-time=0 ! filesink location=output.avi

My question: Is it possible to use the GStreamer SDK on iMX6 platform on Debian armel (ARM) ? I don't see gst.h (basic requirement for gst SDK)  anywhere on my platform.

If yes, could somehow detail the steps to get it installed? I don't see it being supported on the GStreamer website installation portion. Installing on Linux - GStreamer SDK documentation - GStreamer SDK documentation

Many thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mad

Your compiler needs to have access to all the headers and libraries in order to build your application. Make sure to install the gstreamer package in development version. If you try to include the header with "gst/gst.h", compiler can't find it because probably there is no "gst" subdir in "/usr/include/gstreamer-1.0/gst" directory.

If the file path is "/usr/include/gstreamer-1.0/gst/gst.h" then you need to add "INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/gstreamer-1.0/" and include with "gst/gst.h", or "INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/gstreamer-1.0/gst" and include with #include <gst.h>

Also Please This information may be useful

GStreamer i.MX6 Pipelines

IMX6 GStreamer Pipelines - SDK Turrialba - RidgeRun Developer Connection

hope this helps

0 Kudos

haggaytavyumi
Contributor III

Hello

I think my issue is related.
I have been using the same method to compile my GStreamer code.
INC+="-I$(SDKTARGETSYSROOT)/usr/include/gstreamer-1.0"
It worked perfectly for the 3.14.52 kernel version.
Lately, I am working on a new project with the same board with the new kernel 4.1.15.
And I get the error:"fatal error: gst/gst.h: No such file or directory"
The reason is there is no "gst.h" in the new SDK I have compiled based on the 4.1.15 repo.
I have compiled it the same way as before, with :
bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5
Any ideas on how to compile the SDK the right way that it will include the GStreamer library?

0 Kudos