cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is git://git.freescale.com down? fetch error

rajathkumardiva
Contributor II

After below commands

$ DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland MACHINE=imx8mqevk source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-wayland

$: bitbake fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx

Getting error@Git.freescale.com  Carlos_Musich

ERROR: firmware-imx-1_7.4-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Fetch command export PATH="/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/scripts:/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/allarch-poky-linux:/home/aenyocto/yocto/sandbox/Rajath/DDM_ICU/New/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/sysroots/imx8mqevk/usr/bin/crossscripts:/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/sbin:/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin:/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/sbin:/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/bin:/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/scripts:/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/bin:/home/aenyocto/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games"; export HOME="/home/aenyocto"; LANG=C git -c core.fsyncobjectfiles=0 clone --bare --mirror git://git.freescale.com/proprietary/imx-firmware.git /fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/downloads//git2/git.freescale.com.proprietary.imx-firmware.git --progress failed with exit code 128, output:
Cloning into bare repository '/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/downloads//git2/git.freescale.com.proprietary.imx-firmware.git'...
fatal: unable to connect to git.freescale.com:
git.freescale.com[0: 192.88.156.202]: errno=Connection refused

ERROR: firmware-imx-1_7.4-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://git.freescale.com/proprietary/imx-firmware.git;protocol=git;branch=master;destsuffix=/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/all-poky-linux/firmware-imx/1_7.4-r0/firmware-imx-7.4/git'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.
ERROR: firmware-imx-1_7.4-r0 do_fetch: Function failed: base_do_fetch
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-wayland/tmp/work/all-poky-linux/firmware-imx/1_7.4-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.14741
ERROR: Task (/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-bsp/firmware-imx/firmware-imx_7.4.bb:do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'

4 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Rajath Kumar Divakar,

The git://git.freescale.com repository was replaced by git://github.com/NXP/imx-firmware

Some recipes may still refer to the old repository so please replace them on the recipes where you are experiencing issues.

Regards,

0 Kudos

rajathkumardiva
Contributor II

Hi gusarambula,

we are trying by changing the recipes. 

But In the method of getting binaries from git we come across following mirror link which is throwing error.

IMX_MIRROR ?= http://www.freescale.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO/      <- Obsolete link

Could you pls get the updated link for this from NXP.

Thanks,

Rajath

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Rajath,

My apologies for all the disruption due to the repositories changing.

The files stored on that link should be on the path:

http://www.nxp.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO//

For example: http://www.nxp.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO//firmware-imx-5.3.bin 

Please note that you cannot list the contents of the directory as it's not a common repository.

Regards,

0 Kudos

easternblack
Contributor II

Dear gusarambula.

Can I ask when does git://git.freescale.com opens?

I'm working with 3.14.38-6UL_ga, and repo 's fetch address is git://git.freescale.com ..

and I think git://github.com/NXP/ does not contains what I need in yocto.

Regards.