cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interrupt configuration problem with MXT224E in imx6DL android kitkat

vivektol
Contributor I

Hello,

We are interfacing Atmel MXT224E touchscreen with imx6DL Processor in Android Kitkat 4.4.2.

We have connected it to I2C-2 and interrupt pin is used in GPIO_1_8.

We are getting acknowledge from Touchscreen with Family ID, Variant ID and version correctly.

But some problem is with interrupt. When we touch the screen interrupt number is not incremented after checking using

cat /proc/interrupts command but if manually short it to Ground then it will increment the number.

For this problem any configuration setting we have to do in kernel setting?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

vivektol
Contributor I

Hello,

I am facing a problem with interrupts. When I give the command "cat /proc/interrupts" I can see atmel_mxt_ts interrupt but when I touch the screen it is not responding that is I cannot see the interrupt requests increasing when pressing the touchscreen. Can anyone help with this? Does anybody have the documentation for configuring the interrupts in the board file or do I have to make changes in driver file? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

vivektol
Contributor I

Hello,

I am facing a problem with interrupts. When I give the command "cat /proc/interrupts" I can see atmel_mxt_ts interrupt but when I touch the screen it is not responding that is I cannot see the interrupt requests increasing when pressing the touchscreen. Can anyone help with this? Does anybody have the documentation for configuring the interrupts in the board file or do I have to make changes in driver file? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

vivektol
Contributor I

I have already done all the changes suggested by you by still the problem remains unresolved. Please help me.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi VIVEK

interrupt could be triggered by level or edge, which can be configured,

for android interrupt handling example one can look at

Working with GPIO on the Wandboard and Writing an Android Driver for GPIO Interrupts | Using Android...

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vivektol
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply.

I have done the settings as per your suggestions but i'm still not getting any interrupt from the touch screen.

Please guide me further. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos