cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intefacing Audio Codec SGTL5000 with i.MX53

Nitin867
Contributor I

Hi all,

I have been learning the schematics and block diagram for SABRE tablet platform and would like to know that how does audio codec work in sync with i.MX53 on this platform.

Could anyone tell me about the working of this IC on schematics/block diagram level. I have already been on its refernece manuals and all but didn't get the whole idea. So please guide me?

Also can we use this audio codec for cellular communication?

Waiting for your replies.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

PawelZ
Contributor I

I'm not so familiar with iMX53 as I'm working on imx51, but Here are some points:

I2C is used for configuration and setting up the codec (SGTL5000 is acting as a SLAVE Device so iMX provide a CLK).

I2S (or whatever they call it - different vendors, different implementation) is used for raw digital I2S audio path which then is converted to Analog on codec. Good datasheet is SGTL5000RM.pdf which is complete and full of information for different implementation. Both lines are connected to dedicated ports but you can use I2C port whichever you like as there's no problem to switch between them on driver side. I'm not familiar with cellular modules so I can't help you on that.

P.

0 Kudos