cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing and Building Android on iMX53 QSB START-R

LuisRivera
Contributor II

Hi

I'd like to use Android on my iMX53 QSB START-R. So I downloaded the Release Note r4.2  and the binary image for android from Adeneo, Everything goes fine but at moment to run the script " ./download_android.sh " in  the terminal the things becomes bad because this message is printed:

luis@ubuntu:~/i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.2/scripts$ ./download_android.sh
Extracting FSL sources...
Initializing repository...
Get git://android.git.linaro.org/tools/repo.git
fatal: unable to connect to android.git.linaro.org:
android.git.linaro.org[0: 91.189.95.33]: errno=Connection timed out

Can anyone help me?

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 (64 bits)

I've already connected my PC to internet, but i don't know why is unable to connect to android.git.linaro.org

Tags (2)
9 Replies

LuisRivera
Contributor II

After all, I can run Android on the QSB. Thank you so much for your help Daiane and Carl.

I could solve the  problem with ramdisk.img adding the complete route of this file in "build_android.sh"

Regards

0 Kudos

truongnguyenxua
Contributor I

Hello Luis,

I met the error like what you did. Could you please show what your adding? I did installing the uboot-mkimage but nothing happened.

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

you can install mkimage (sudo apt-get install uboot-mkimage, I guess)

Or you can export your u-boot source code path on your PATH

export PATH=$PATH;/home/you/android/u-boot-path 

or something like that

So, your problem was only the Internet connection? Good to know script is working

LuisRivera
Contributor II

Hi,

After the tip of Michael Walz, I ran the script " download_android.sh " in another internet connection different to the server that I was using, so I run it connected at my home internet and it works perfectly. I hope it helps you.

Unfortunately, when I ran the script " buld_android.sh " this message was displayed:

make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/lib/libneo_cgi.so] Error 1
/home/luis/i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.2
mkimage: Can't open ./ramdisk.img: No such file or directory

Do you have any idea about this problem?

CarlIgelstram
Contributor I

I have the same problem, however I don't know if its the corporate proxy who is blocking me

BR

0 Kudos

LuisRivera
Contributor II

After your comment I asked Adeneo about this issue, I'll inform you about their answer; but may be it took a while, jejeje.

Regards

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In fact, you can use the tips for any release.

The main isseu is that script was created for git repositories before kernel.org be down.

Now Android are located in another repository. And alsa packages was removed from android repository.

So there is some diferences between the "global scenario" after kernel.org being up.

In fact, I think you should contact Adeneo asking for a review of this script.

0 Kudos

LuisRivera
Contributor II

Hi Daiane, thanks for the tip, I've been taking a look on some old topics but unfortunatlely I've not already found something related with  this "/i.MX53-QSB-Android-Gingerbread-Release4.2/scripts$ ./download_android.sh

I will continue digging into old topics.

regards

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hey, it´s a long way to get android source code.

Take a look on communty old topics, there are some tips to get it running.

0 Kudos