cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imx6 Quad/solo and Dual lite gpu locks up

mjrudy
Contributor IV

Hello,

Has anyone else experienced an issue on the imx6 series where the GPU stops updating but gives no error messages.  This seems to occur if I render the next frame too soon after the previous swap occurs.  I looked in the SDK code and saw that the demo is waiting for all the idle bits to go high.  I checked with my code and saw the FE bit goes low after initializing the GPU.  I also put a check to wait for the RA idle bit to go high which solved the GPU crash but adds anywhere from 5 to 25 ms to my frame time so I can't meet my rendering requirements.

Any ideas on what can keep the FE bit low continuously even when I stop sending commands?

Do I have to wait for RA to go idle and why isn't glFinish or the swap taking care of waiting for the GPU to finish?

The frames draw correctly so what could the GPU be doing with the RA bit for another 25 ms after the swap?

I'm running a bare metal BSP and we had purchased a custom GPU library from NXP but the staring point was Galcore 4.6.9.9754.

Any help or gc2000 documentation would be greatly appreciated.  Not the NXP graphics documentation though I've already read that I'm looking for the actual GPU documentation if it's available anywhere.

Thank you,

Micah Rudy

0 Kudos
2 Replies

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mjrudy

Thank you for contacting NXP Support.

For documentation of GC2000 GPU, please contact with Vivante. They can help you to check the access of any available information for this specific component.

Have a great day!

0 Kudos

mjrudy
Contributor IV

Thanks for the reply do you have any contact information for Vivante.  I sent and email though their website but haven't gotten a response.

Thank you,

Micah

0 Kudos