cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPU issue during system bootup

chaitanyadhere
Contributor I

Hello all,

I'm using kernel version 3.14.28 and a custom imx6 solo board. I'm getting a log which is as follows:

Starting kernel ...

imx-ipuv3 2400000.ipu: WARNING: adapt panel end blank lines

imx-ipuv3 2400000.ipu: WARNING: adapt panel end blank lines

I'm not able to see anything on the LVDS display. Our kernel command line is :

console=ttymxc3,115200n8 video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,800x480M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32 consoleblank=0 lpj=7905280 init=/early_init no_uart5_sdma nosmp quiet kernel=primary

Interestingly, if I remove the the quiet option from the above command line, the boot time increases by some 700 ms which is OK but the above issue mentioned in the log is not observed !!! Is it due to fact that the IPU is getting initialized too early ?

What can be the issue ? Kindly let me know.

Thanks,

Chaitanya Dhere

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chaitanya

seems this issue is specific for custom board and used configuration,

you can add delay before ipu initialization. Just for reference use below example

Patch to support uboot logo keep from uboot to kernel for NXP Linux and Android BSP (HDMI, LCD and L...

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos