IPU errors on hdmi

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPU errors on hdmi

andreapicaro
Contributor I

Hello, i use a mx6dl processor running with Yocto Morty. I have gui application running on fb0 and video running on fb1 in a window using imxg2dvideosink. Video is small 240x120 and i use local alpha to uncover only video region of fb1.

No problem up to 1024x600 but when i turn to hdmi at 1920x1080 (video size remains unchanged) i have screen turning off and on for a few times and then it turns off definitivelly after a few minutes. I have following errors:

[ 1568.833307] imx-ipuv3 2400000.ipu: warning: wait for bg sync eof timeout
[ 1572.143078] imx-ipuv3 2400000.ipu: IPU Warning - IPU_INT_STAT_5 = 0x88800000
[ 1572.143089] imx-ipuv3 2400000.ipu: IPU Warning - IPU_INT_STAT_10 = 0x00080000

Already tryed dmfc=3 with no success.The problem is not related to application on fb0 since i can reproduce also by running a video on fb0 and another one (always windowed) on fb1.

Any hint wolud be much appreciated.

Thank you

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Andrea,

Table 37-36 of MX6DQ reference manual describes the IPU error interrupts in this case your issue is due to signal can be used in order to indicate the system that the IPU can't handle the desired data rate. In that case the system may need to increase the clock to the IPU.

Regards

0 Kudos

andreapicaro
Contributor I

Hello, in order to investigate further, i tested on a imx6quad. This is working better (i can get higher video size with respect to Dual Lite) but increasing video size the problem arises again. To double check i tested on the same board with our old 3.0.35 based kernel and it works perfectly with videos up to full screen 1080p. I think there should be some evident difference at BSP level between the two BSPs. Can you help in identifing the reason of such huge performance difference?

Thank you

0 Kudos

andreapicaro
Contributor I

Hello, thank you for your reply,

i've read this solution in other related threads. I have two questions:

- First, i'm porting our application from an imx6q running kernel 3.035 to an imx6dl running latest bsp,

on old configuration this use case was running without problems also with much larger videos;

is ipu running much slower in Dual Lite or latest bsp? I mean is it possible that Dual lite performs so much worst then Quad?

- Second how can increase ipu clock? Is it to be done in dts or kernel, is there any reference i could follow?

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos

andreapicaro
Contributor I

Hello, no one has this problem? Thank you

0 Kudos