cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1170 flexRAM performance

najoua_hamdi
Contributor I

Hello,

I can understand that IMXRT1170 has 512KB flexRAM that can be allocated to either ITCM or DTCM or AXI.

I have a question about the performance of this RAM when fully allocated to ITCM or DTCM? Can it fully (i.e. 512KB) be accessed at full speed with  0 wait state?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Najoua.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

najoua_hamdi
Contributor I

Hello,

Unfortunately, I am not able to find the answer in the application note. I understand that better performance is obtained by executing from ITCM.

My question: Is the performance the same whatever the TCM size? (depending on the flexRAM configuration).

Thanks & regards,

Najoua.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Is the performance the same whatever the TCM size? (depending on the flexRAM configuration).
-- Yes.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

najoua_hamdi
Contributor I
Spoiler
Spoiler

Thanks for the answer. So, do you confirm that in i.MX RT1170, the 512KB TCM is accessible at full speed (800 MHz) with 0 ws?

Best regards,

Najoua.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Do you confirm that in i.MX RT1170, the 512KB TCM is accessible at full speed (800 MHz) with 0 ws?
-- Yes.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
To provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you refer to the application note to learn the performance contrast for various memory.
According to the application note, it will improve the code executing performance when relocating the code into the internal SRAM (ITCM/DTCM).
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos