IMX8QM-MEK not booting

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8QM-MEK not booting

aaron404
Contributor I

I am trying to set up an IMX8QM-MEK (Rev A) and it is failing to boot or produce any serial output. The USB-C port (J17) is not even detected by my host PC (linux) when plugged in. The other USB port (J18) is detected but does not produce any output. When connecting to the PC the device shows up with lsusb as

Bus 001 Device 012: ID 0403:6010 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT2232C/D/H Dual UART/FIFO IC

The uuu program is unable to detect the presence of the board. I have the boot switches set to 001100 (SD boot). I loaded an image from the package LF_v6.1.55-2.2.0_images_IMX8QMMEK onto an SD card with the following command:

sudo dd if=imx8mq/LF_v6.1.55-2.2.0_images_IMX8QMMEK/imx-image-full-imx8qmmek.wic of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1M status=progress && sync

The board powers up and several LEDs are on. The Serial LEDs flicker if I type while the serial connection is open, but there is no response from the board, or any output at all when it powers on. I checked both /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1 which are the only ports available.

Any advice would be helpful.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

aaron404
Contributor I

I used the following properties for the serial connection, from the quickstart guide:

Baud rate: 115200
Data bits: 8
Stop bit: 1
Parity: None
Flow control: None

My cables/USB ports are in working condition as I use them regularly for serial connections to other devices (including other NXP boards). I will see if I can find another serial interface to test with, but I don't think that is the issue. Do you have any other recommendations for how I can confirm that the board is in working order?

0 Kudos

Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, 

No log shown from serial port?  

Some suggestions.

1, Check the terminal and its setup, like HW/Software Flow Control ..etc and the driver for host.

2, Try to use the serial driver FT4232 

Regards

Harvey

0 Kudos

aaron404
Contributor I

The FT4232 driver is integrated in the linux kernel so I am already using it. As mentioned I have tried the recommended serial configuration for the board as well as a bunch of other configurations. In no case does the board ever produce any serial output (the serial debug LEDs do not flash ever)

0 Kudos